Monday, November 8, 2010

"confronting All" - a poem.

This was sitting around in my docs for awhile unfinished.  It is more finished than it was, but I'm still not sure it entirely is.  I think it needs another stanza.  Not sure I'm happy with the title either.  The original title was "God in a Box," and as much as I love it as a title, I'm not sure it fits the poem.


* * *

A disconnect lies in our lives,
Twixt who we want to be and who we are.
Perception pervades while reality reigns --
The future taunts us from afar.
We like to believe life logically listens,
To the inputs we program into its core
We often find goals eternally beckon,
No closer than they were before.
A wandering web, a tangent taken --
Distractions detract from something more.

We grasp at the holds which promise grandeur
But leave us naught but a slippery slope.
We secure our lives with strings of ether
Rather than trust to another's rope.
We plot the course with our worldly wisdom,
Factoring out the leap of faith.
We run from the Fire for fear of melding,
Into the oneness of His embrace.
We cover the truth we say we long for,
Cowards in front of Sincerity's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment